How did people react when you said "Im Pregnant!" anyone have any funny, rude or cute stories to share?

Hey ladies,   I just thought I would share a couple of the reactions I got when we told friends and family that we were having a baby....   When I told my little sister (8yrs) that we were going to be having a baby she promptly answered "that means you were on heat, Bonnie (her dog) was on heat and the naughty dog from next door humped her and now she will have puppies. But you wont have puppies will you Kels? I really hope your baby comes out as a human"   Lol great stuff being compared to the dog!   Talling the bosses wife.. DH was having a bad week, our ute had broken down and he had run over a $300 tool box, the next day we decided to tell the boss and his wife that we were utd and after we told them she waited til DH was out of earshot and said to me "So Jono has had a bad week hasnt he, dont worry its Murphys law that bad things come in three" I was confused at that and wondered what the third thing was and she said well "(1) Ute (2) tool box and (3) finding out your pregnant!" Grrrrrr......   Anyone have anything else to share?

26/11/2009
T.T

Replies to this discussion

Seleziona in base a i più recenti

Testar

30/04/2014
tester3
tester3

Jag lägger in ett svar på befintlig tråd...

29/04/2014
Pelle1234
Pelle1234

from app52

18/11/2011
sehmare
sehmare

testar app53 igen

18/11/2011
sehmare
sehmare

testar app53

18/11/2011
sehmare
sehmare

testar APP52

18/11/2011
sehmare
sehmare

test2

17/11/2011
sehmare
sehmare

marcus testar med ny broadcast

17/11/2011
sehmare
sehmare

When I told DH he was at work and he did a embarrassingly wacky dance behind the smoko shed chanting "I'm gonna be a father, yeah!"

When we told my FIL his response was "Oh, great :(" then he went on to moan about having the flu (a cold) and how terrible he was feeling. Two months later he hasn't said congratz. We weren't expecting his response as when DH and I very first started dating FIL insisted on my daughter calling him granddad (what she called my dad who died a few months before so I felt was an inappropriate). Oh well nuts to him, we hardly ever see him anyway. Felt good to have moan about it though :)

DD is 3 and kisses the baby in my tummy which I think is sweet.

26/11/2009
olivias mummy

my sister has been trying to have a baby for years now (shes 32) and when she found out i was pregnant, she wouldnt talk to me and pretty much hated me for the majority of my pregnancy. Shes heaps better now and loves spending time with my baby.

26/11/2009
SaS

My DH told his mother I was preg with #2 and she said "well, that's your music career over then" WTF? It took until Leah was born for her to finally mention her and say congratulations (on a card - not in person!). With DD1, my sister (younger and has 2 kids) laughed and laughed and laughed and said Oh my god you like your sleep, you're going to sufffferrrrr..... (she was right...!) LOL

26/11/2009
Clare Bear

First time around I didn't get very good reactions. (I was 17) My Dad pretty much disowned me. He decided to talk to me when I had one month to go... Typical! My mum was very supportive but worried until she saw how I coped after he was born. My grandma had tears in her eyes and was very excited. She loves babies. She told my dad that it could be the making of me and it may be my purpose in life which I now believe it is. I love being a mum and I've changed very much for the better... =)
And second time around. (Now 19) Everyone was happy except my Dad again of course. He told me one mistake was enough to learn from and now I've done it again. Also told me I'm an embarassment to the family and he's ashamed of me bla bla bla because I'm not married etc. It really P'd him off when I told him it wasn't an accident and we wanted another one... LOL

26/11/2009
Mrs Goat
An error occured, please try again later.