Pregnant with Triplets!!?!

Hi anyone else going through the huge, yet amazing journey of Triplets. I'd love to share, freakin' out a little!! Only 9.5 weeks in as well....

26/11/2009
hugabugsmum

Replies to this discussion

Seleziona in base a i più recenti

I've been lurking too. The other day I was at the supermarket and was showing my daughter a gorgeous newborn. I told the mum my girl is getting used to the idea of my being pregnant. She said she'd had triplets so she wasn't having any more (first pregnancy, 2 girls 1 boy). She said the other two were at home with the nanny. Her coping tip was "Don't drop everything (like eating breakfast) just because one cries or else nothing will get done."

Just out of curiosity what first made you/your midwife suspect triplets?

26/11/2009
MrsW

Congrats on the scan Sky Mama.. i haven't posted here before but pop in now and again to see how you are doing.  Sounds like you are doing fantastically.. keep it up!!

26/11/2009
mum of Lachie & Charlise

I was away for the weekend, so missed this earlier.

Sounds like the scan was brilliant skymama. My children have all inherited short leg bones from their dad. They are growing out of size one tops, but there are still quite a few size one pants which are too long for them.

26/11/2009
Beccs

Hi All,
We had a scan on thurs, and all went really well, well thats if you ask the sonographer.... the OB who tends to be my 'fear of god' reality check was busy with other patients and didn't feel the need to add her 2 cents so thats promising!!  The OB was very pleased that I decided not to go to work, so that made me feel like I'd made the right decision!  I am a bit of a novelty, a trainee caught wind I was the triplet mum, so asked if he could observe... that was good, as he ended up being my sonographers bum boy!
My wee boy (who has everyone worried) gained 205gs, so that is perfect progress, his important measurements like abdominal circumfrence were normal for his gestation, but it seems he may be a bit of a shorty, cos his leg bone is a little short!!  So that means that his placenta is still giving him what he needs, so next marker... which is 25 weeks (2 more weeks and another growth scan)
So my little boy weighs 488g, his sister 513g, and the big boy who has set up camp on my bladder has come in at a whopping 600g!
We have my nieces 2nd birthday today, yum, treats!!  How I've managed to keep the gest diabetes away I have no idea with my sweet tooth!  Then on to moving!  Well, I'm actually doing very little, but watching everyone else move my stuff!  I'd hardly be any use anyway, stopping every 10 steps for a rest... and I feel a growth spurt coming on... ouch!

26/11/2009
SaS

I just requested to join the FB page to please.... more of a lurker but love hearing about your updates! Good Luck for the move :)

26/11/2009
Mrs Goat

bUMP

26/11/2009
ashersmumma

Skymama  did you know that Mountain Buggy do a triple as well ????? It is not that much wider than the twin one and would be ideal. I saw one in a Baby on the Move Store In Auckland  the lady who owned the store had it as a demo  might be worth a look  as you can put all three of your bubba's in bassinets as well in the MB 
I have been a silent lurker in this thread having been a twin mummy myself 

26/11/2009
JennLC

Hi All,
So I am getting everything in line for settlement day on friday.  Meeting with insurance brokers and the lawyer, sorting the moving etc.  Can't wait to move!  So I haven't really got time to get bored, and all my people are mobile so that rocks! 

I have my follow up scan on Thursday.... a bit nervous but in the same breath very relieved to be checking on them!  We have had a first real outside kicks in the last 2 days!  Mostly I can feel our little girl!  She lies down my right side, so my arm kinda rests by her!  Thats really cool, because I could hardly feel her flutters!!  I can even feel our little boy, he woke me up yesterday, with a constant pounding on my belly button!  The one I cant really feel is the big boy at the bottom.  But he 'fluttered' the most earlier, and I can still feel him but in a 'I need to go to the toilet' kinda way!

In other news, I saw a triple stroller on Trademe today!  I want it, but its in Chch....  if anyone knows of anybody that wants to sell one, please let me know on here or FB.

26/11/2009
Smylee

luckily i didnt have any of that when i was pregnant with my twins.. but my glare would have most backing away anyway.. lol. tired and grumpy does not make a nice me.. hehhee

i have requested to join the facebook group..

im not happy with this site at all either.. its horrible to use.. and i hardly ever come here now.. just a quick pop in to catch up on skymamas progress every week or two..

26/11/2009
alora

Hi all, I just updated my photos... here is the link!  I'm sure I look bigger in real life!  Hopefully I will have some scans to add next week!
www.facebook.com/group.php

26/11/2009
luv my kids

22 weeks today!

26/11/2009
Frosty Cheryl

Hi some of us have started a forum for Skymama, Kirby and the 3rd lady on face book.  This is the link.  You have to ask to join and Skymama has full control over who she would like on there at the moment since we haven't been able to find the other two triplet mummies yet.  So if you other two ladies are reading this we would love you to join us.  You may have to explain who you are when you request to join.  Sad to say some of us just have too many issues on here now :(

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=10808&uid=171965649262#/group.php?gid=171965649262

26/11/2009
Spuds Mum
An error occured, please try again later.