Starting cows milk????

Can anybody share with me the best way to transfer over to cows milk? My dd is coming up 12 months and we would like to do two feeds of cows milk and leave her nightime bottle as formula at this stage.  I would appreciate any advice and also how your child tolerated it, ie any problems in the number 2 department lol!

26/11/2009
adieka

Replies to this discussion

Seleziona in base a i più recenti

Hej

07/05/2014
tester4
tester4

Yes

07/05/2014
tester4
tester4

Test

06/05/2014
tester2@example.com
tester2@example.com

with DS1 we just started making his bottles half cows milk, half formula until the tin was used up (took about a week) and then just straight cows milk from then on, my problems at all.

26/11/2009
SarahJane

My DD was down to just two milk (formula) feeds a day when I introduced cows milk at roughly 12 months. I started with swapping one feed for cows milk until the formula tin was empty (about 4-6 weeks) and then chaged the other to cows milk too. I noticed that her poos changed in consistency when we first changed over. Not an upset stomach but definately different. They went back to normal after about a week and there was no change when she went to the two milk feeds a day.

26/11/2009
MRS DD

i put DD on cows milk (from formula) at age 13months. i gave her one feed of formula a day until the tin was empty. then it was all feeds cows milk. never had any probs.

26/11/2009
MRS DD

we just did .........say 2/3 formula mixed with 1/3 cows to start.....and gradually swapped it over-took about a week or so.  We did the same as you and kept the formula feed before bed.  No poops probs here.

26/11/2009
mummy2boys

I was BF'ing three times a day, started transitioning to the cows milk by introducing a very small amount of cows milk onto DS's cereal in the morning at 12 months, just so he would get the taste of it.  A couple of weeks later I changed the lunchtime BF to a cup of cows milk, which DS seemed fine with.  In another month of two, I'll probably look at changing the morning BF to cows milk as well.  

When I first introduced the cup of milk, DS started pooing LOTS (sorry if TMI), up to 5 times a day sometimes!  That seems to be settling down now (two weeks on from starting cows milk), he's going probably 2-3 times a day which is still more than what he used to do, but heading in the right direction! ;)

Hope that helps!

26/11/2009
Tyler and Levi's Mum
An error occured, please try again later.